A squat feat match for a longtime identify in powerlifting.
Some powerlifters seemingly have a fantastic ardour and vitality for displaying their energy below a giant highlight. German athlete Sonja Stefanie Krüger may be considered one of them. Krüger is simply 22 years previous, however has already had over 60 aggressive powerlifting appearances since her debut in June 2014. Krüger’s newest stellar efficiency is a one more instance of top-level lifting.
Through the 2022 IPF Outfitted World Championships on Nov. 16, 2022, in Viborg, Denmark, Krüger efficiently locked out an outfitted World Report squat of 280.5 kilograms (618.4 kilos) within the 76-kilogram weight class. (Be aware: On the time of this text’s publication, the competitors remains to be underway, making it unclear the place Krüger has completed in her class.)
The video of Krüger’s astonishing squat isn’t solely noteworthy for its showcase of dynamic leg energy on a global lifting platform. As quickly as Krüger completed her rep, she stepped away from her loaded barbell, clearly overjoyed as she proceeded to leap round in place in pleasure.
Considerably not like different rivals on the 2022 IPF Outfitted Worlds, a look at Krüger’s resume on Open Powerlifting will denote she primarily competes whereas outfitted. Of these talked about 60-plus aggressive appearances, Krüger wasn’t outfitted in simply 18 of them.
Right here’s an outline of a number of the extra notable outcomes from Krüger’s official powerlifting ledger:
Sonja Stefanie Krüger | Notable Profession Outcomes
- 2014 Bundesverband Deutscher Kraftdreikämpfer (BVDK) Hessiche Meisterschaft im Kreuzheben (Youth/Uncooked) — First place | First profession victory
- 2014 International Powerlifting Committee (GPC) World Championships (Youth/Wraps) — First place
- 2015-2016, 2018-2019 IPF World Bench Press Championships (Sub-Juniors/Outfitted; Juniors/Outfitted) — First place
- 2015-2016 IPF World Basic Powerlifting Championships (Sub-Juniors/Uncooked) — First place
- 2016 European Powerlifting Federation (EPF) European Basic Powerlifting Championships (Sub-Juniors/Uncooked) — First place
- 2019 EPF European Outfitted Powerlifting Championships (Juniors/Outfitted) — First place
- 2021 IPF World Powerlifting Championships (Open/Outfitted) — Second place
- 2022 EPF Outfitted European Powerlifting Championships (Open/Outfitted) — First place
Krüger isn’t any stranger to document lifts. The athlete is now the outfitted IPF squat World Report holder within the 69-kilogram (260 kilograms/573.2 kilos), 76-kilogram (280.5 kilograms/618.4 kilos), and 84-kilogram (275 kilograms/507 kilos) divisions. She additionally possesses the outfitted IPF World Report bench press (182.5 kilograms/402.3 kilos) within the 69-kilogram division, which doubles because the outfitted Single Bench Press IPF World Report.
Right here’s a rundown of Krüger’s all-time outfitted competitors bests:
Sonja Stefanie Krüger | Outfitted All-Time Competitors Bests
- Squat — 280.5 kilograms (618.4 kilos) | IPF World Report
- Bench Press — 210 kilograms (462.9 kilos)
- Deadlift — 205.5 kilograms (453 kilos)
- Complete — 685 kilograms (1,510.1 kilos)
Even because the 2022 IPF Outfitted Worlds begin to shut on Nov. 20, 2022, there’s little doubt Krüger’s squat document will likely be one of many contest’s highlights when all’s mentioned and performed.
Featured picture: theipf on Instagram