One want solely see Nabil Lahlou carry as soon as to confirm why he’s the so-called “French Phenom,” per his Instagram bio. The 23-year-old powerlifter is a prolific competitor, and his newest demonstration of power was a doozy.
On Oct. 22, 2022, Lahlou shared an Instagram clip of himself capturing a 362.9-kilogram (800-pound) uncooked deadlift throughout a coaching session. In keeping with Open Powerlifting, the feat is a private report (PR) for Lahlou by 44.9 kilograms (99 kilos). It’s a big and fast leap ahead for Lahlou, who beforehand pulled 317.9 kilograms (701 kilos) through the 2022 United States Powerlifting Affiliation (USPA) Drug-Examined The Good Guys UN Invitational. (Notice: That meet was roughly solely two weeks earlier.) The athlete wore a lifting belt and utilized lifting straps to assist with this newest achievement.
[Related: 11 Loaded Carry Variations Worth Trying]
For Lahlou, the 800-pound deadlift is likely to be much more spectacular, contemplating his physique composition.
Per Lahlou’s Instagram publish, the athlete weighed 163 kilos (73.9 kilograms) on the time of his carry. Which means his huge pull was 4.9 occasions his physique weight. Consider Lahlou apparently not even planning to deadlift earlier than he was “feeling the warm-ups,” and this milestone resembles one thing fairly eye-opening for a younger star powerlifter.
Right here’s an outline of Lahlou’s all-time uncooked competitors bests:
Nabil Lahlou | All-Time Uncooked Competitors Bests
- Squat — 237.5 kilograms (523.6 kilos)
- Bench Press — 130 kilograms (286.6 kilos)
- Deadlift — 317.9 kilograms (701 kilos)
- Complete — 678 kilograms (1,494.7 kilos)
When it comes to his general resume, Lahlou doesn’t have many blemishes. Since he started aggressive powerlifting in November 2020, there have been simply three cases in Lahlou’s profession the place he hasn’t completed with an outright victory.
Right here’s a rundown of a number of the extra notable outcomes of Lahlou’s profession:
Nabil Lahlou | Notable Profession Outcomes
- 2020 USPA Drug-Examined NOVA Fall Traditional (Juniors 20-23/Uncooked) — First place
- 2021 USPA Drug-Examined PWRBLD Fitness center March Insanity Powerlifting Meet (Juniors 20-23/Uncooked) — First place
- 2021 USPA Drug-Examined District Championships (Juniors 20-23/Uncooked) — First place
- 2021 World Uncooked Powerlifting Federation (WRPF) Drug-Examined Nationals (Juniors 20-23/Uncooked) — First place
- 2021 USPA Kentucky State Championships (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2021 USPA Beast of the East (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2022 USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Acquired Em’ Mustache Traditional (Juniors/Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2022 USPA Drug-Examined The Good Guys UN Invitational (Open/Uncooked) — First place
Lahlou has participated as a 67.5-kilogram competitor because the 2022 USPA Drug Examined King of the Collapse June 2022. This was his weight class for a lot of his profession earlier than a shift to the 75-kilogram class from December 2021 to June 2022. On the time of this writing, it’s not clear if he plans to make a transition again to this division or one other.
When Lahlou competes subsequent is unsure. Nonetheless, ought to he return to the 75-kilogram weight class whereas notching this deadlift in mentioned subsequent contest, it might break the present World Report of 362.4 kilograms (799.1 kilos) held by Adlet Moldagaliev. Such a staggering mark would act as an ideal notch within the belt for this “phenom.”
Featured picture: @kinng_67 on Instagram