Butters’ European Championship efficiency is the right fruits of a latest journey.
Bobbie Butters has been a aggressive powerlifting fixture for over a decade. Per Open Powerlifting, as a uncooked Teen competitor, she started her profession with a victory on the 2012 British Drug Free Powerlifting Affiliation (BDFPA) West Midlands Divisional. From that time on, she’s been a mainstay at a number of tentpole contests over time. Her newest efficiency is perhaps one of many greatest highlights of an prolonged profession.
On Dec. 1, 2022, Butters captured her first European championship through the 2022 European Powerlifting Federation (EPF) European Traditional Powerlifting Championships. The athlete featured within the uncooked 57-kilogram weight class — a class she has sometimes vacillated between over time. The competition is happening from Nov. 25, 2022, to Dec. 4, 2022, in Skierniewice, Poland.
Butters’ efficiency noticed the athlete file all-time uncooked competitors bests on her squat, bench press, and complete. Right here’s an summary of her high stats from the 2022 European Championships:
Bobbie Butters | 2022 EPF European Traditional Powerlifting Championships
- Squat — 185.5 kilograms (408.9 kilos) | All-Time Uncooked Competitors Greatest
- Bench Press — 112.5 kilograms (248 kilos) | All-Time Uncooked Competitors Greatest
- Deadlift — 185 kilograms (407.8 kilos)
- Complete — 483 kilograms (1,064.8 kilos) | All-Time Uncooked Competitors Greatest
Butters’ victory could possibly be extra notable given her latest spate of podium outcomes. Earlier than she took house the 2022 European 57-kilogram title, Butters’ final victory occurred on the 2019 English Powerlifting Affiliation (EPA) The Roses Cup. Since then, Butters had loved a handful of podium finishes — most notably a third-place end result on the 2022 Worldwide Powerlifting Federation (IPF) World Traditional Powerlifting Championships — however hadn’t been in a position to end off an look with a win.
That’s, till Butters got here out on high within the 2022 European Championships.
Along with her new European title, in accordance with the IPF database, Butters recorded the present IPF squat World File (183 kilograms/403.4 kilos) on the 2022 IPF contest. Right here’s a rundown of a few of the extra notable outcomes of Butters’ profession:
Bobbie Butters | Notable Profession Outcomes
- 2012 BDFPA West Midlands Divisional (Teen/Uncooked) — First place | First profession victory
- 2013 BDFPA British Powerlifting Championships (Teen/Uncooked) — First place
- 2016 EPA North West Group Competitors (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2017, 2019 EPA The Roses Cup (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2018 EPF European Traditional Powerlifting Championships (Open/Uncooked) — Third place
- 2019 British Powerlifting (BP) British Girls’s Traditional Powerlifting Championships (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2021-2022 IPF World Traditional Powerlifting Championships (Open/Uncooked) — Third place
The 2022 European Championships is perhaps the final time Butters is seen on a sanctioned lifting platform through the 2022 calendar 12 months. By the point she competes subsequent, she could properly parlay her European victory into some momentum for constant prospers subsequent 12 months.
Featured picture: @bobbie.butters on Instagram