Certainly one of powerlifting’s extra prolific athletes is gearing as much as shine as soon as once more.
A look at Blake Lehew’s resume will present that this athlete doesn’t shrink back from competitors. In over a decade-plus of pulling, urgent, and squatting huge weights on sanctioned lifting platforms, Lehew can boast 60 separate contest appearances to his identify. If his newest work in coaching is any indication, his subsequent second within the highlight could possibly be fairly memorable.
On Nov. 12, 2022, Lehew (82.5KG) posted an Instagram clip of himself capturing a uncooked 235-kilogram (518-pound) bench press. In line with the caption of Lehew’s submit, it’s a brand new private document (PR). Whereas unofficial, the coaching feat can be simply 2.6 kilograms (5.7 kilos) shy of Maliek Derstine’s all-time uncooked World Report of 237.5 kilograms (523.6 kilos) within the 82.5-kilogram weight class. Lehew accomplished this feat with out the assistance of some other gear and carried out the press whereas barefoot.
Lehew’s bench press work is linked to an upcoming powerlifting competitors roughly three weeks from the time of his clip. The identical may be mentioned for a 395-kilogram (870.8-pound) uncooked deadlift PR roughly per week earlier than. Be aware: In line with Open Powerlifting, that pulling mark, if transferred over to an official contest, would surpass Lehew’s all-time World Report of 382.5 kilograms (843.2 kilos) within the 82.5-kilogram division. He achieved that determine on the 2022 United States Powerlifting Affiliation (USPA) Hybrid Showdown 4.
On the time of this writing, with out extra specifics, it’s unclear what the competitors is and exactly when it’ll happen. Lehew’s numerous aggressive historical past inside organizations just like the USPA, the World Uncooked Powerlifting Federation (WRPF), USA Powerlifting (USAPL), and the Worldwide Powerlifting Federation (IPF) makes it potential he may elevate beneath any of those umbrellas in early December 2022.
No matter the place or when he competes, it appears probably Lehew will flourish. The 27-year-old has gained 5 straight contests relationship again to April 2021 and eight of 10 competitions since March 2019.
Right here’s an summary of a few of Lehew’s extra notable current aggressive outcomes:
Blake Lehew | Current Aggressive Profession Outcomes
- 2015-2016 USAPL Uncooked Nationals (Uncooked/Juniors) — First place
- 2016 USAPL Collegiate Nationals (Uncooked/School) — First place
- 2016, 2018 IPF World Traditional Powerlifting Championships (Uncooked/Juniors) — First place
- 2019 USPA The Tribute (Uncooked/Open) — First place
- 2019 USPA Bend The Bar (Uncooked/Open) — First place
- 2021 WRPF Kern US Open (Wraps/Open) — First place
- 2022 USPA Hybrid Showdown 4 (Uncooked/Open) — First place | All-Time World Report Deadlift
- 2022 WRPF American Professional (Wraps/Open) — First place
- 2022 USPA Professional Uncooked Championships (Uncooked/Open) — First place
Right here’s a rundown of Lehew’s all-time uncooked competitors bests:
Blake Lehew | All-Time Uncooked Competitors Bests
- Squat — 305 kilograms (672.4 kilos)
- Bench Press — 227.5 kilograms (501.5 kilos)
- Deadlift — 382.5 kilograms (843.2 kilos) | 82.5KG All-Time Uncooked World Report
- Whole — 910 kilograms (2006.2 kilos)
Lehew is slowly however absolutely constructing towards one other potential exemplary efficiency. With a number of extra weeks of energy refinement on the horizon, the athlete may have his greatest in retailer when he competes subsequent month.
Featured picture: @deadliftingorangutan on Instagram