After exercising, the body needs to regain lost energy, but be careful! You cannot always eat everything, since we do not want the effort to have been in vain and we have trained for nothing. Whatever your goal, in today’s post we bring you the 3 best dishes to restore energy to your body after training, in a healthy and balanced way. Keep in mind that most of the foods in these recipes contain very little fat, making these dishes delicious and almost calorie-free.
The perfect recipes to recover after exercise
There is a very wide list of energy foods that can help you regain the energy you have needed to exercise, either at home or in the gym. Discover the best recipes for rich and tasty dishes that in turn provide the energy lost after training. In addition to containing essential vitamins , minerals and nutrients for the body, as well as numerous successful properties to show off a good physical and internal appearance. Take note of the recipes!
1) Salmon a orange with sweet potato puree
The salmon is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids are very important, helping to lower the possible swelling of the muscles after exercise. Also, relieving and preventing joint pain. The orange provides Vitamin C to replenish energy and yams are tubers of this season. It is worth taking advantage of its benefits to regain energy after the gym!
- 1 salmon fillet of about 160gr
- 50ml of fresh orange juice
- Vegetable butter
- 300 gr of fresh sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste)
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes. Then boil them for about 20 minutes, until they are tender enough to crush and mix with 90g of butter.
- Next, bring the orange juice to a boil until it boils and let it reduce for about 5 minutes. Add 25gr of butter while beating with some manual rods, keeping the sauce hot.
- To prepare the salmon, you must brown it on both sides in a pan with a little olive oil. Season to taste and as a final touch add the puree on one side and the orange sauce on top. Ready to taste the tasty Salmon, Orange and Sweet Potato Replenishing Plate!
2) Scrambled eggs with quinoa with chicken and vegetables
The Quinoa and Chicken are really suitable food to recover energy, because they contain lots of fiber as well as vitamins and proteins essential to equal the vegetables that accompany them. Vegetables are ideal to complement this appetizing dish based on delicious chicken meat, which contains the 9 essential amino acids that the body needs to recover after exertion.
- 200gr of quinoa
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 eggs
- Spices : coriander and ginger
- Soy sauce
- Salt to taste)
- Wash the quinoa with water, a trick is to do it with a strainer under the tap to remove all the starch.
- Prepare a pot of boiling water and add the quinoa. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- During the quinoa cooking time, take the opportunity to cut the vegetables. Then remove the quinoa from the heat and let it cool.
- Cut the chicken meat into smaller strips and season before passing it through the pan. Then beat the two eggs and add the mixture to the pan, as if it were an omelet, to continue with the sautéed vegetables. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- To finish, add the quinoa and spices to the pan along with the soy sauce and stir for another 3 or 5 minutes, so that the flavor is impressive. You have already finished the tasty dish of quinoa, vegetables and chicken meat to delight you after the exercise!
3) Cold avocado rice salad
This fresh and light dish highly recommended to replenish energy at dinner, consists of very healthy and nutritious ingredients that are also a source of fiber. Avocado is rich in minerals and nutrients, such as potassium and magnesium, which regenerates and prevents the energy wear of the muscles. Know the recipe!
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup of fresh peas
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 2 chives
- A handful of olives
- Natural lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste)
- Cook the rice and peas in a pot of boiling water.
- Meanwhile, cut the chives into julienne strips and the carrot and cucumber into small cubes. Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit from the center with the help of a spoon. Separate the skin carefully and cut the rest into rather thin slices.
- Make a homemade vinaigrette with the salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- As a last step, let the rice and peas cool and add the rest of the ingredients once cold, dressing with the homemade vinaigrette to finish. Go ahead and try the juicy cold avocado rice salad to recover after training!